Hello, and welcome to JAMAICA Eyes&Ears.com. We thank you for visiting our website. Paul Cole, the founder of this website, is dedicated to promoting Jamaican products and services and helping you save you time and money, by providing useful information to make your interaction with Jamaica a pleasant one. Paul desires that you will have positive experiences in all your interactions with the Island.
We provide information and features concerning Jamaica; for visitors, residents and businesses. We aim to reach a broad audience in the following target groups; International visitors and tourists, expatriates and international residents in Jamaica, foreign firms and members of the Jamaican Diaspora.
Whatever your reason for visiting our website, whether you are a tourist or a potential investor, we sincerely hope that you find it informative.
A Very Warm Welcome!
We are delighted that you have taken the time to visit our website: and welcome you to JAMAICA Eyes&Ears. The primary objective of our website is to satisfy the information needs of the people of the world about the “rich and varied” products, services, talents and cultures in Jamaica; and what makes our Island and its people so special. In essence, we provide information to connect the world with “everything Jamaican”. This website caters to both international and domestic audiences.
JAMAICA Eyes&Ears is an “information gateway”, that provides an “open door” to Jamaica and her people. It has been specially designed to give quick access to a wide range of factual and practical information, advice and guidance for people planning to visit or do business in Jamaica. Its contents have been carefully put together to help users make the most efficient and effective use of their time, as they search for information about Jamaica.
We look forward to providing you with information that will help you save time and money: and get the best results in whatever you do, or plan to do; in Jamaica - we will be your “Eyes & Ears in Jamaica”. Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us - we would be happy to help you. Feedback on our website is encouraged and welcomed, via the “Contact Us” menu.
What We Do
We provide high-quality information to educate, inform and inspire people around the world; and those locally; about “Brand Jamaica.” It is our aim that this information will help users, to make informed choices and decisions; that will assist them to save time and money; when planning to:
- Visit Jamaica;
- Do business in Jamaica;
- Come to live, work or study in Jamaica.
More specifically we:
- Promote, showcase and market “Jamaica to the world”, to attract visitors and investors.
- Provide information and inspiration to the people of the world to visit and explore Jamaica and; get the best from their visit.
- Provide information and inspiration to prospective investors to invest in and do business with Jamaica.
- Provide information for people planning to relocate, work or live in Jamaica.
- Provide information for students planning to study in Jamaica.
- Provide a “store-front” for Jamaican businesses and other organizations, to showcase their products and services to people around the world and those locally.
- Encourage businesses, professionals, and students, locally and internationally to collaborate and develop productive relationships with each other, to create business and employment opportunities.
- Promote and market Jamaican products, services, talents, and culture; and demonstrate how “Brand Jamaica” contributes positively to the economic, social and cultural life of the world, through its position as a recognized international "brand."
- Work in close collaboration with all sectors of Jamaican society to ensure that our Members benefit from; and have access to the right political, economic and social stakeholders, as a result of our extensive networks, business relationships, and local intelligence.
- Play a full role in the economic, social and cultural development of Jamaica.
Our Motto: Our Guiding Principle
The Most Valuable Possession is Knowledge
Our Vision: What We Want to Be
We aim to be the premier provider of “value added” information and services, that will enable people residing locally and abroad, to save time and money, when conducting business in; or travelling to; Jamaica.
Our Mission: Why We Exist
We exist to serve our Members, by providing useful and timely information on the political, economic, social, legal and cultural aspects of Jamaica, which will help them in making pertinent decisions and enable them to save time and money. In order to deliver our mission, we aim to:
- Serve and help our Members; by providing value-added information about Jamaica and reliable professionals, and build and maintain a reputation for absolute trustworthiness;
- Enable our Members to combine their professional knowledge and skills, through networking, to help each other to create and build competencies and capabilities, and create long-lasting relationships, that will be mutually beneficial;
- Develop relationships with local and international firms to obtain a wide range of benefits for our Members.
We are passionate about providing exceptional customer service. In this regard, we have committed ourselves to several service standards to guide our actions and behavior; and influence the way we serve our Members. These include the following:
- We are committed to putting our Members first in everything we do.
- We will respond to all enquiries (telephone messages and e-mails) from Members within one working day (excluding weekends and public holidays).
- We are committed to helping our Members save time and money in conducting business in Jamaica.
- Where appropriate, we will refer our Members to our wide range of business contacts, partners, and stakeholders; to enable them to obtain high-quality products and services, promptly and; at "value for money" prices.
- We care about the success of our Members and are committed to delivering value to them.
- We take the time to understand our Members aspirations and service requirements.
- We will treat our Members with the highest level of respect – for feedback at regular intervals following the use of our services. Our Member support team will monitor your comments as part of our commitment to managing and improving the quality of our services.
- We do what we say we will do. When we make a promise to do something, it gets done - we follow through on our commitments.
- We will treat all information provided by our Members with the strictest confidence.
Our Community Outreach and Charitable Support
We support and contribute to several "nation building" Non-Governmental Organizations. These include; United Way of Jamaica, Help Jamaica and Agency for Inner-city Renewal (based in Trench Town) – The founder and CEO of this website, is a Member of the Board of Governors of United Way of Jamaica, Help Jamaica, and Agency for Inner City Renewal.